…who lives on Drury Lane. I have never been to Drury Lane, have you? Perhaps it is a fantastical locale where muffins abound. I envision muffins in place of blooms, in the trees, and in shrubbery. I also picture, in my mind, muffins shooting from one house to another forming an arc over the road which is paved and runs in between the homes. A muffin arc. And the little moist cakes never touch the ground. They are in a suspension of dancing between houses until a person captures one…and ingests it with glee. To answer the question, “No, I do not know the muffin man who lives on Drury Lane. Though I anticipate our introduction, as well as, the sampling of his work.” 😉
I will now proceed to singe a few of my personal loose ends. These are updates to the challenges, implementations, and/or circumstances which have made my past blog posts, and which, for reasons wholly devoted to my own quiet notions, are being seen out to completion here in Bentrivka world. I will then be able to move on from the thoughts, as they barrage my mind while I bathe, yet just as quickly leave the cranial region thus leaving the “loose ends” still moving about aimlessly.
…hold on to your seats, for we are going to burn through this at rapid speed!
- I am no longer “gluten free”. I have returned to the protein, and the clandestine grains, which supply it. I have discovered that my migraine headaches are not triggered by gluten, and are more likely exacerbated by yeast and sugar. And though I will not refrain, wholeheartedly, from either of those two additives, I will be mindful not to overeat them in succession (as I did last December when I went on a cinnamon roll, daily diet–and paid for it unmercifully with a 30 day migraine in January. Yes, it was 30 days–minimum!).
- My son is still suffering, physically, in the gut region. We are still pursuing different avenues of healthcare to try to find a consistent solution for him. He is better than he was this past spring/summer, however, he is still requiring the pain meds to be on hand. Which for him, who has a high pain threshold, is very telling.
- Brian and Cole are making significant strides in their relationship. They seem to really be on a new path, one which is wrought with acceptance, forgiveness, and love. Yay!! 🙂
- We were able to get an extension (after much extensive stress), on Brian’s unemployment benefit. As he continues to submit résumé’s, and continues to invest his time in launching a new clothing brand (www.u50.com), our family is gratefully being carried by a little ‘unemployment insurance’.
- I am currently not actively submitting résumé’s on my behalf.
- The art of sailing took a bit of a hiatus these past two months. Though with the cooling of the weather and Cole and his father being more in synch, the call of the sea just might be answered more readily than before.
Well I think that covers my ‘musings while bathing’. I have a feeling there are more loose ends out there, but unfortunately they are lost in the cavalcade of thoughts running around in my mind. Perhaps in another month, or so, I will tire of them visiting me in the privacy of my shower. At which time I will unravel them here, and singe their little tails off so they can no longer be accounted for within my world. Whoo hoo…one more item checked off of the “to do”!! And several more waiting to take their place.
“The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!” — a plaque on the wall in the home of my Gramma Ella